Friday 30 September 2022

XLVII : If I Enjoy Hypnosis So Much - Why Don't I Go to Hypnotherapy?


I mainly use hypnosis for either a power nap in order to get refreshed from fatigue, or to deal with stress, of which I get more than my fair share, or to get to sleep (the latter in the form of autohypnosis, does not always work).

These things can usually be had with hypnosis videos and with autohypnosis, either based on own exercises, or on exercises learned on some videos, or around memories of videos.

Now, if I had a hypnotherapist instead, what would be different?

I might have to pay - but that might not be the main issue.

I might get involved in a somewhat more personal relation to a hypnotherapist, and I don't mean full blown sex, I mean emotional ties, and this could lead to blocking out the relation I would need.

And, the hypnotherapist might just want to go beyond my own issues outlined above. And the problem is, she (I wouldn't want a male one) and I may have different views on things.

And while the videos I chose do not contain (or seem to contain) anything contrary to the faith, some sessions actually could.

If you can make regression into "previous lives" and these do not exist, why would regressions into earlier ages of this life not also be imaginary and give false memories?

And how deep I go, I can't go very deep on the Aron scale in cybers or in the areas where I lie down, if I did go too deep, this could with some people around simply be dangerous.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Paris
St. Jerome
30.IX.2022

In Bethlehem Judae depositio sancti Hieronymi Presbyteri, Confessoris et Ecclesiae Doctoris, qui, omnium studia litterarum adeptus ac probatorum Monachorum imitator factus, multa haeresum monstra gladio suae doctrinae confodit; demum, cum ad decrepitam usque vixisset aetatem, in pace quievit, sepultusque est ad Praesepe Domini. Ejus corpus, postea Romam delatum, in Basilica sanctae Mariae Majoris conditum fuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment