Tuesday 18 February 2020

XXXVII - Hypno Fails


This is not intended to expose videos otherwise by people I liked as to their other videos, but I'll restate the comments or lack of comments on why I snapped out of hypno:

I
7 - woke up as you tried to make me forget that ...

II
"allowing your mind to be open to new ideas, new suggestions"

Where you lost me on this one.

III
"I would like you to imagine, you are floating up and out of your body."

IV
"you are the architect of your life" or
telling me to repeat
"I am the architect of my life"

(forgot which)


Why?

I
Seven is a holy number, the number of sacraments. Wouldn't want to forget that.

II
I am no friend of novelty.

New to myself, as in sth not yet experienced? Well one could put that another way.

Here it sounded eerily like radically new, sth which has horrible connotations in history both of theology and of politics.

III
The soul is the form of the body and doesn't float out of it until death.

IV
God is the carpenter of my life.

God, not I.

"I know, O Lord, that the way of a man is not his: neither is it in a man to walk, and to direct his steps."
Jeremias (Jeremiah) 10:23

"The heart of man disposeth his way: but the Lord must direct his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

And carpenter, not architect. God incarnate is Jesus, carpenter in Nazareth, not Nimrod, architect of Babel.

1 comment: